Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Recent Trips

July 15th at 11:59pm, Tyson Carter Watkins was born. This is our 3rd boy and he came just in time since I had a fishing trip planned on the 19th. A few months ago one of my old professors called me up wanting to float the green. He told me the last two weeks of July he had open and since Tiffany was due the 31st of July, we decided to go with the earlier dates. About a week ago at one of Tiffanys check ups, her doctor told her that she would have her baby within a week or two since she was already dialated to a 4. Well, we worked hard and got the baby out just in time for me to go on our trip.

I took Jim Ballard and his two boys up to Calder. I rowed them around in my drift boat while they trolled some wolley buggers. The hooked into quite a few fish but these were big fish and we only boated one fish. We fished Calder from 5:30 to about 8:00 then headed over to the green. On our way over to the green, Jim spotted this fawn stuck on the fence.

So, being the good samaritans that we are, we helped it off the fence. Once we got him off he screamed at us and ran straight into the fence again and again, so we just backed off and let him calm down. His back legs weren't working too well, so who knows what will happen. After that we floated the green. We caught a few small bows and had a good time going down the river.

Monday the 5th of July, my two boys and I hiked into middle rock to catch some big cutts. After packing my three year old in on my back, I was pissed to see what had happened. We hiked around to the far side like we always do to where you can get up on rocks and scout the lake for some big cruisers; however instead all we saw were white bellies. Apparently this lake winter killed and all the big fish were gone.

This lake was a small lake that had cutts up to 18 and 20 inches. We did see some fingerlings that had been planted in there so hopefully one day it will be good again.

Sorry... A lot of fishing trips and no pics. I will make up for it shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment