Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boulder Mountains

This last week Aug 16-20th my whole family (brothers, parents, ect.) went up to the Boulder Mountains to camp. I planned this trip from a tip that some guy gave me about 2 years ago on his "honey hole". I promised him I would not disclose the names of the lakes to everyone so we will just refer to these lakes at the boulder lakes, which there are many. However, if you know where the state record brook trout came from you will know exactly where I am!



This time of year is a little late/hot to really have good success with big state record brook trout, so we went to a couple of lakes that had Tigers and Splake.

Above is Cameron with the biggest fish of the trip. This guy was 20 inches and fat. He hit a copper spoon that had red dots on it.


As you know, I love to go to my local tiger lake to fish for Tiger trout, but these Tigers had way cooler spot patterns and were fat. This lake was full of scuds so naturally I fished my still water nymph followed by a prego scud. MONEY!








Rain storm on ? lake



My dad, brother Cam, and boy Jace came on this fishing excursion which of course required a bit of hiking.

I love the pic of this fish below. He is not very long at all but these guys do eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment